Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Sunday 16 February 2014

Excuses, Excuses!

Coucou mes amies!

I came across this brilliant way of saying 'I can't...' which I thought was very handy.

Tu veux?... (yes, one of those rare occasions where I’ll be using ’tu’!) Do you want to...?

aller au cinema

faire les magasins                                (All these verbs are in the infinitive, aren't they?
                                                              Can't help feeling that's not a coincidence!)
aller dans un café

venir à une soirée

venir avec moi?




But of course, you might not want to, so...

Je ne peux pas.  Je dois.  (I can’t.  I have to...)

aller chez le dentist.

faire mes courses.

promener mon chien

ranger mon tiroir à chausettes (LOL!)

rester à la maison.

And so the list goes on. 
Très utile, non?

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment