Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Wednesday 19 February 2014

Depuis - since/for

Bonjour! 
Voici des exercices que utilizent 'depuis' et 'il y a'

J’apprends le français depuis huit mois.
I have been learning French for eight months.


J’apprends l’allemand depuis dix ans.
I have been learning german for ten years.

Je travaille à Strasbourg depuis cinq ans.

Je suis secrétaire à Europort depuis un an.

Je suis arrive à Londres il y a six mois.

J’habite en Angleterre depuis le mois d’avril.

Elle est allée en Grèce il y a trois ans.

Je suis au bureau depuis huit heures ce matin.

Chantel et Laurent sont allés au cinema il y a deux semaines.

(In French depuis with the present tense is used to describe things which started in the past, but which are still continuing.  But I have noticed il y a is used with the perfect tense.)

J'espère que cela vous aide.

Au revoir pour maintenant.
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment