Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Sunday 30 June 2013

En Francais

So we are back from Paris and it was awesome. 
 I kept a journal while we were there and I'm so glad now
 because I wrote things down the whole time. 
Can't wait to convert this into an art journal now.
First day spent whizzing round the Arc di Triomphe! 
You take your life into your hands driving round here. 
 For a start the traffic goes anti-clockwise, which takes a while to get used to.

Notre Dame Cathedral.  Just stunning.



The Sacre Coeur. Beautiful inside and out.

The icon.

There wasn't enough art in a way.
I didn't think it would be fair on John
just to wander around galleries every day.
But it was fun to stroll around Montmartre on the last evening.
Soaking up the atmosphere.
Sitting in a cafe, catching the last rays of the sun.
Drinking coffee and watching the world go by.
Can't think of a nicer way to spend an evening.
Besides which...
There's always next time!
 
Back soon
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment