Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Friday 7 June 2013

The Speed Of Things

So after a great deal of dithering I drew up an advert on Tuesday night and took it up to the tack shop on Wednesday morning.  When I got back I decided to investigate Preloved and as it was free, I decided to put an ad for Barnaby on there.  Within 14 minutes of posting my ad I got my first phone call.  I could hardly believe it.  It was from a woman who has a mare who is bombproof but old.  They were saying they'd never get another one like her.  Generally you don't sell horses like Barnaby, brave horses like him are like gold dust really.
I am trying to think of him as a commodity, like a car.  It's the only way I'm going to get through it.  Although it is going to cause me excruciating pain, I still think it's the right thing to do for all of us, but the feeling is slightly surreal.
Anyway, they came yesterday and tried him out, a woman and her neice.  They brought mum, too, it was quite a sight.  I rode him, John rode him, then the woman rode him and finally her niece got on.  She looks about 10 and quite small on him, and then she took him over the fence!
So now he is sold, subject to vetting.  I've no idea what that will involve and would be astonished if he failed it, so we'll see.  I'm just waiting for the vet to ring me to arrange a date.
BUT I have finally had time to get creative in my craft room, and this is what I made:
What I learned today (!):
  • I don't like acrylics.  I don't like what they do.  The colours are too bold and dry and heavy.  Maybe this will change over time and I'm certainly willing to experiment.
  • I can't work on a piece of paper that's too big.  I ended up reaching for my trusty tags and this was just the right size for what I wanted to say.  I'm going no bigger than A5 for now.
  • I realise why I love Tim Holtz distress inks.  Because they do exactly what you want them to do.  I have a feeling I'll be buying more of these as I only have a few.
  • If I'm going to paint, I may as well stand up in the kitchen and work next to the sink.  When I painted the first version I must have got out of my chair 20 times.  Not condusive to relaxed, therapeutic creativity.
  • I didn't need a prompt to create this, which has cheered me up no end.  I have a feeling the theme of 'I am innocent' will pop up again and again.
  • I have written, 'I am a child of God,' around the edge of the balloon, but you can't really see it.
  • I love the light, floaty feeling of the picture.
  • I am going to stick my creations into a scrapbook for now so I can describe what I did, although writing this has 'been a scrapbook' for me.  I'm too nervous to buy an art journal, as if I make a pig's ear of it, I will want to rip the page out!
So glad I made this though, I need to start somewhere, and I need an alternative to my hectic working day!
Thanks for looking in,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment