Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Sunday 2 June 2013

Today is Sunday and we did what we normally do on a Sunday.  For me it's still blissful to have a lay in.  John doesn't understand this.  He gets up early during the week and struggles to stay in bed at the weekend.  I normally boot him out with the dog.  They go roaming the countryside somewhere, then he comes back in and brings me up a cup of tea.  You're starting to see already why I love him, aren't you?  I am blessed, that's for sure.
You'd better see what the dog looks like.
Her name is Tessa and she is 12. She's a cross between a springer spaniel and a collie. We have had her since she was 5 weeks old.  She is too clever for her own good.  She is making me sad now because she's so obviously getting old.  It's getting to me this weekend that I am too attached to animals, and that's great when it's all going well, but I can't bear it when they die.
My old pony died on Friday.  He was nearly 30 and the sweetest animal you could ever wish to meet.  I could write a book about him.  I had to sell him, because we ended up with 3 horses, and I cried for months afterwards.  I am friends with his owner on facebook.  She always said I could go and visit him but my bond with him was so strong I knew if I went I'd want to bring him back with me.  I knew there was a risk, as soon as I became friends with her on fb, that one day she would message me and tell me he'd died, but it doesn't prepare you for it actually happening.  I am devastated. 
We used to have two cats, my precious Purdy and Tigger.  We rent where we live now and couldn't bring them here and that devastated me.  My daughter has them and Tigger died a few weeks ago.  I didn't mention it anywhere on fb or anything, but I am so upset about that as well.
So if I sell Barnaby as well, it will be the end of our era with animals.  I love them, but they are a tie, aren't they?  And you let them into your heart, but they can't be with you for ever. 
I feel like this because I have a stomach bug this weekend.  I haven't been ill for a long time.  I've had my job for just over a year and not had a day off sick yet.
I managed to get to church this morning.  We love our church.  When I start art journaling, it will become evident pretty quickly (I hope!) that God is the most important thing in my life.  More important than John, more important than Barnaby.  Our church is having to move premesis soon.  We have one more week in our current building (above a shop) then we move into the town hall.  I have no idea what God has in store for us, but I've been a Christian nearly 30 years (struth!) and he's never let go of my hand in all that time, so it's no biggie for me to trust Him in this. 
I've spent the entire evening looking at brilliant Youtube videos on art journaling and am desperate to have another go.  I am ready to show you my first go, but I don't think it'll photograph very well, we'll see.
Back soon, I'm sure
Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. hi Jane,
    thanks for your comment- no he's not out 24/7, I don't mind the summer mucking out really, and I do like him s&s inside at night.
    Wishing you all the best with this new chapter in your life. Parting with our loved ones is always so sad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete