Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Sunday 16 June 2013

Daisy Yellow Prompt 6 #19

I am hardly ever off the internet at the moment, looking at more and more blogs and websites concerned with art journaling.  But the one that made me take the leap of faith is Tammy's Daisy Yellow blog.  It truly is an Aladdin's cave of inspiration.  I've decided to have a go at some of the Prompt 6 journaling prompts.  Here's the one I've attempted:



You can interpret this how you like.  This is what I came up with.  Please don't laugh, it's my first attempt at anything like this:

This looks quite good irl, I'm just annoyed that I stamped the tree at the top in white and the ink is a load of rubbish.  I need to look into this as I want to use a lot of white.  I combined the idea of road, leaf sketch and grey and did the leaves in grey.  As all my journeys have Jesus at the helm, I decided this road should lead directly to Him, but I thought a cross was too obvious, so I did the white tree instead.  I used all the flower and leaf stamps I could muster, getting smaller and smaller as they go into the distance.  The writing around the leaves is the first line of Amazing Grace.
Guess which idiot lay awake most of the night trying to write a haiku?!  I know they're supposed to be about nature, and provide a contrast, but I was just concentrating on getting the number of syllables right at this stage!  The typing is washi tape along the bottom.  The drips are from my French Foliage stamp set (SU!)  This is actually acrylic paint on watercolour paper.  You live and learn, don't you?!!
At the moment I'm putting on paper whatever comes into my head.  I can't be limited by size, I have to go with what works with whatever I'm planning.  I have started a couple of times now with a big sheet of paper and just cut off the bit I like best.
Back soon
Jane x

1 comment:

  1. For a first try it's fantastic. A lot of love went into it- that's the important thing. Can't see the tree much though! Blessings! patsy

    ReplyDelete