Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Thursday 20 June 2013

Decisions, Decisions

I've been feeling quite ill today and ended up in bed this afternoon, but then the phone went about four times and I gave up and got up.
I realised today how much I love taking the dog for her walk.  It's a time to be at peace and not be constantly bombarded with demands and hopefully talk to God at the same time.
And it really cleared my head.
I realised I'm finding a certain part of blogging quite stressful, and that's ridiculous, isn't it?  Not this blog, the other one. It's partly because I feel pressured into making and buying new things all the time. Although I adore Stampin Up, the constant sales pitch is getting on my nerves.  I know it's to help you be creative, but it's too much sell, sell, sell.  Because of this (although it's not entirely their fault!) I've ended up with loads of dsp.  The demand for cards in my life is nowhere near as great as it used to be (I used to sell my cards in a shop until we moved here) so I've got all this now out of date dsp and not a lot to do with it.
So I've decided to only blog my card making now and then, and use up my dsp before I buy any more.  I also want to see what else my stamps can do besides make cards with them.  I will always love Stampin Up, but you can have too much of a good thing, can't you?  If I miss a stamp set, I miss a stamp set.  I'll live.  I need the freedom to create whatever comes to mind, and not be restricted to one company.  I always resisted the urge to become a demonstrator and I'm really glad now.
I created this a few days ago:
My first go at spreading acrylics with an old library card.  Such fun.  I just squeezed some straight onto the acrylic paper and started spreading.  This came out quite large, so I painted the centre in white as I knew I wanted to write something on it.  I actually wrote about some of the stresses and strains of work, which came out of nowhere, but I felt great after I'd done it.  I stamped some flowers and used my stampin up markers to draw the flowers.  My first go at drawing freehand.
Back soon
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment