Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Wednesday 19 June 2013

So the vet came out and it was all very good.  He says Barnaby hasn't got mites, he's got a skin infection like psoriasis.  He just needs to have all the hair clipped off and a steroid cream applied to the skin, which is fantastic news.  I said we'd do this as soon as we came back from France, but half an hour later a woman who is interested in buying Barn text me and asked what the vet had said.  I replied with everything he'd just told me and she said she'd like to come and see him (Barnaby that is, not the vet!)
They finally got here (from Northamptonshire) around 7.30pm last night.  It was very overcast as it was so hot we all thought there might be a thunderstorm, so I quickly got Barnaby in and tacked him up.  I really wanted to ride him through the village to prove he is as bombproof as I've said he is. 
I set off and rode down to the village with them and John following me in the car.  There wasn't much traffic at first, and I thought it was quite boring, but apparently they were gobsmacked at how good he was.  I got to the bottom of Kirk Ley and was going to just walk up but after a while (and because I'm a dreadful show-off!) we got on the grass and went for a blast.
We came back to the yard and then the man got on and rode him.  His riding was very average.  I went into teacher mode and started giving instructions about how to ride him (like not letting him run and run when you actually want him to canter) and he got better and we put a little fence up and he jumped that too, which was good.
And so they said yes and Barnaby is sold.  I can hardly believe it.  In my head I'd decided I'd have to keep him if the problem with his leg was really bad, so I was a bit stunned to be honest.  They've paid a deposit and they'll come to pick him up Saturday afternoon.
So it will all be done and dusted by the time we go to Paris on Monday morning, but it will be so strange to come back and realise Barnaby's not here.  It's the end of an era.  We've had him for 9 years. 
I've done a bit of art journaling because of this.  Have a look:

I drew around my hand and painted it with watercolour paints.  Then I painted around it in a different colour.  I painted the heart in acrylic paint.  The wording says, 'You hold my heart, now hold my hand.'  I really need God to support me through the whole process of selling Barnaby.  I know He wants me to do it and has other plans for my life and John's.  I gave my heart to God a long, long time ago, but right now I need Him to hold my hand and comfort me, too.
I feel I want to put more on this, but I don't know what yet, as I don't want to detract from the hand, the heart and the writing, so we'll see.  Maybe I'll pull it out again in six months and add to it.
For the first time I've used the water filled brushes and they're awesome.  They'll be coming out to play regularly from now on.
Back soon
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment