Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Friday 5 July 2013

A Word To Remember

I made this just before we went on holiday:

I had so much fun.  The base is watercolour paper and I just decided to radiate out from the middle, keeping the centre pale so I could write in it.  I've used a mask in the top right corner, but the red circles bottom left are directly from those little circular sponge daubers you put on your finger.  The three thin circles top left are from a loo roll!  I've used my perfect pearls mist (gold) but I must experiment with this as it's very hard to write on top of it, but what happens if you write and then spray on top of it, will it smudge the writing?  Loads of things to try out.
The script is from a Psalm that talks about waiting patiently for God to move, and the little stamped image from Little Claire's Designs seemed perfect for this.  I've used all sorts of things to colour her in, and then added faux stitching to make it stand out.  The chances of me ever using a sewing machine are minimal!
Quite pleased with it though and it hangs at my desk so I see it and read it every day.

Things have been very different since we came back from Paris.  At first I was very tearful that Barnaby wasn't here and we drove past the farm and I couldn't bear to look across and know that he wasn't there.
But slowly, slowly, I am reaping the benefits.  I am more at peace and much more organised.  I had yesterday off and got so much done because I didn't have to go to the yard for three hours.  Horses are wonderful creatures but they are also a huge burden and responsibility.  I didn't realise how much I was constantly worrying about him, especially when I'm at work (has he got suncream on? etc).  I feel as if a great weight has been lifted from me.
Back soon
Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Hi . . . I popped over after you left me a comment on my AJ adventure. I've read quite a few of your posts on your other blog in the past, and I've just been reading a few on this blog too. Soooo sorry to learn you needed to give Barnaby up, but on the plus side . . . it seems like you feel some relief now.

    Love the postcard above. Lots going on.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete