Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Monday 22 July 2013

Paris Art Journal #2

Such busy days!  Finally we have a new granddaughter, who looks like this:
This is Elyssa Marie Ann and she was born on Wednesday morning.  We went dashing up to see her on Thursday but had to drop Tessa off at the vet's first to have her operation.  It was very, very nerve wracking, but she is fine.  It cost £470, which is enough to be going on with.  We drove down to collect her and it was a relief to see her okay.  She came home and was laying there with the dressing on, feeling very sorry for herself.  She was doing little whiimpers.
She wasn't allowed upstairs, so I dreaded going down the next morning and sent John down first.  Fortunately she was waiting to greet him and couldn't have been happier.  Bless God.

And so onto my latest journaling page:

I had such fun with this.  The blue colour is Pool Party.  It talks about going near Disneyland Paris, which is where they have a hot air balloon.  The page on the right is from the Paris map.  Do not ask me why she has an Eiffel Tower strapped to her head, but as soon as I saw it I knew the picture was going in my art journal!
What did I learn?  That loads of inks go through paper.  I don't really know how I got onto it now but I started researching gesso, as there isn't any on this page.  Several YouTube videos later I'd ordered some and couldn't wait for it to arrive.  So these pages are gesso free, but I still like it.
This is the day that William and Kate have had their baby.  We know it's a boy (hurrah!) but the name hasn't been announced yet.  It feels strange that I was around at William's birth (not literally!) and now I am here at the birth of his son.  I must be really old!
Off to bed in a thunderstorm.  Tessa hates it so she'll probably have to come up with us, even though she's not really meant to go upstairs.
Back soon
Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new granddaughter - she's beautiful. Glad Tessa is OK, such a worrying time. I was a nervous wreck when Chloe had her op in March. Loving seeing your journal progress - I'm sure I commented on your first page but it's not there - Blogger up to its old tricks! I loved the circle mask on the first page. It looks like you are really having fun x x

    ReplyDelete