Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Saturday 1 March 2014

Useful phrases: en train de

Bonjour!

Voici des examples:

Elle est à ce monsieur là-bas qui est en train d’essayer un costume.
It belongs to the man over there who is in the middle of trying on a suit.




Je suis en train de coller quelques timbres dans mon album.
I was in the middle of sticking some stamps in my album.
But that's a bit OTT in English, isn't it? 
So we would say, "I was just sticking some stamps in my album."

Elle est tourjours en train de de courir, de sauter et de parler.

Laurent était en train de boire une tasse de café quand...

Hope that's useful for you today.  Leave a comment and let me know.
Back soon
Jane xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment