Bonjour!

A blog about my life and love of all things french. I have decided to write in French as much as possible. If you'd like to correct my mistakes (of which I'm sure there will be many!) please feel free to leave a comment or email me at jane.orson@btinternet.com Merci beaucoup!







Sunday 2 March 2014

Useful Phrases: s'ammuser

Hello all!
I've really struggled to grasp this verb and I don't know why.  It isn't just because it's a reflexive verb either, I just couldn't find any examples of how to use it in a sentence and that's when I struggle.  It turned out it was sitting in my verb tables book all the time!

Par exemple:

Je m'amuse beaucoup au bord de la mer.     (So we can see straight away that it's a reflexive verb).
I enjoyed myself very much at the seaside.

Nous nous amusons.
We enjoy ourselves.

Elle ne c'est pas amusée
She hasn't enjoyed herself.

Les gens s'amusent beaucoup.

Je me suis bien amuse
  I enjoyed myself.                                       Just going to remind myself that reflexive
                                                                     verbs take être in the perfect tense.

Hope these examples have been useful to you.
Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment